Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally arrived!

hey Everyone!

I'm SOOOOO sorry it's taken me this long for a little update. There's been so much going on, and my internet hasn't reallly cooperated with me. Caronline and i are thinking about buying wireless this weekend. We'll see what happens.
So, first things first, DISNEY is soo much fun! I hated it when i arrived. I wanted to go home, and i was soo homesick, but after the throw in last night, ohh it's soo much fun! I think i needed some Canadians to bring my spirits up! I have 3 roommates. German, and 2 South African. They're soo nice, and i was very lucky to get them!
Getting into the US was terrible. In Toronto i was sent back and forth through customs about 6 or 7 different times. They kept giving me the wrong forms and then i'd have to take my luggage alll the way abck to west jet and then abck to customs. Ughh terrible. And then i was the random check at security. Soo embarassing and i just stood there. It sucked. So after i like ran into the bathroom and just cried. I was soo upset and angry and SOOO tired too!
And then when i arrived i met up with Edd and we hung out for a bit. I've noticed that it's very segrated here. Like everyone kinda sticks to their own country, which is a shame.
Umm.. oh yeah, yesterday i got my ID for the commons and had some boring orientations. After i went out for lunch with Ana, and then went to Walmart with the UK's. After walmart we all went and hung by the pool. Soo much fun.
Ohh and the best part about last night was definatly the throw in!! teh Canadian throw in was so much fun, words can't describe it. It was very loud and very intoxicated! (not me) I can't say much because future arrivals are reading this.
But i was assigned a big sister, Kate! Couldn't have been better!! She's from Victoria!! So cool!!
That's really it for now. Hopfully when i get my internet figured out i can come on a little more and write more detialed posts.
Anyways, take caree for now.
Samm
xox

2 comments:

  1. thanks sam for letting us know how you are! I am thinking about you and sending you good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Gail, i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete