Friday, May 8, 2009

What a crazy couple of days!

Hey Everyone!!!

I'm sorry that i havn't updated in a few days, but i've been crazy busy. I think i last bloged on Tuesday? Anyways, work has been intersting. I really do enjoy it, but it's stressful working in a restraunt with that good of a name. Like it's always so busy that you can't screw up and i accedntly sat a party of 4 at the wrong table and my are assignor freaked and told me i screwed up her whole night. It was fine, but she made me feel like shit after. Luckly i was off about 15 minutes after that. My managers are constantly telling me i'm doing really good and are glad that i decided to stay, which is good. I have two more shifts in the restraunt and then i'm out of popcorn, yay! lol
I love greeting. It's a lot of guest interactions, but i just stand there with my little computer and check guests in. I'm trying to decide if i wanna speil or not. I probably will, but it's pretty stressful (the speiling aspect).
Anyways, so i am really enjoying myself here, but it doesn't feel real. Like it feels like i'm in this alternate universe. And i supose that's what it's supposed to be like for the guests. It's an escape for them. But i was thinking and it's May (almost half way) which means June is next month and that means i graduated a year ago. It's crazy, it just feels like life has stopped in general. I'm sure it'll feel a little different when big holidays and birthday arise.
So yes, Wednesday was definatly a down day, well until i went out for dinner with my 'big sister', Kate. It was soo nice talking to someone who knew everything about Victoria! Like talking about the restraunts and malls and stores back at home. lol
Ohh yeah, did you know they have White Spot's in Alberta now??? CRAZY! lol
Umm.. what else, oh yeah.. we had the throw in for Melanie! She's such a cool girl! The throw in was a lot of fun and well everything that happened with it. The part that sucked was some of us partied until 4:30am ish.. and us newbies well now exnewbies had social security day the next day. We had to be at the bus stop by 6:00am the next morning. lol So i basically didn't go to bed. I went over to Erik's place and sorta slept, but it was for like an hour, then headed for the buses. It was pretty boring but we went. Never in my entire life do i have to appy for a social security card. (Aka...Canadian SINs). So after that we got back to The Commons and went to McDonalds for breakfast, went back to commons and got ready fro Typhoon Lagoon. Had a blast there. It was Edd, Graeme, David and I. I loved the wave pool. You get swallowed by the huge tsunami wave they drop. Soo much fun. Their slides were okay, but Blizzard Beach has better ones. So we spent from like 11-4 there and then went home for an hour and Edd, David and i went to Hollywood Studios. We went on Rockin' with Aerosmith (of course) and did the Muppets 3-D. The David ditched us cause he was tired and went back home. Edd and I stayed and did the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (where it drops you in an elevator 13 stories) It was Edd's first ride on it, so it was fun freaking him out. lol After the long 40 minute wait to snuck/blended in with the Fantasmic line and saw Fantasmic. We had such crappy seats. First row at the very left of the ampathetre, but we still saw it and it was so nice. It hit me then that i'm working for such an amazing company that makes so much magic everyday! Love it! I have a few goals down here. To go on every ride, watch every show, see Canada 360 movie 100 times (98 more to go) and to see Fantasmic 100 times (99 more to go). The park closed after Fantasmic so we left but were really hungry so we went to downtown disney to eat at Planet Hollywood. But the bus was incredibly crowded so we ended up taking a resort bus to The Old Key West Resort and caught another resort bus from there to Downtown Disney. I love how us cast members can do whatever we want. lol
Ohh but the best so far is Planet Hollywood. Disney cast members get priority seating. I just flash them my ID and they take us upstairs within 30 seconds. No joke, i was like seriously??? That's amazing. haha
And then we went home after this. I believe i got in around 2:30am this morning. So i was pretty sleep deprived. I slept in unil 1pm today and now i'm just cleaning my room a little, hofully fixed my internet and meeting up with Edd last after he's off and we're going to go watch Illuminations and do some stuff at Epcot.
It's bakc to work for me tomorrow! I'm a stocker in the restraunt, so it's not too bad. Just do my own thing and get yelled at by servers. lol Ohh well.
Next Thursday can't come soon enough though! lol
Other then that, there's nothing really going on. lol
Ohh i guess i should say that FYI, Erik is gay. I'm sleeping over at thee random guys apartments. He's the other canadian in my arrival group so we're close. But he's such a partier. lol Ohh well.
I guess i should go.
Take Caree,
Sam
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment