Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2 weeks!!

Hey Everyone!!

So guess what? I've made two weeks. Well, not offically. It's only 11: 52 and i didn't land until 1:19pm, lol but i think it's close enough.
I'm starting to really enjoy myself down here. I had my last training shift in the restraunt last night. I really didn't like greeting at first. Greeting is when i get the cool walkie and ear piece so i can communicate with the assignor. I get to play with the computer and check guests in for their reservations, as well as book reservations for guests to accomodate them for not having any space left at Le Cellier. I was soo sick of saying "I'm sorry but we're fully booked tonight and for the next 3 months!" lol Pretty much everyone showed up last night too.
So i've been trained on seater, greeter and stock. I think i enjoy seating the most. It's more guest interaction and they're not freaking out at you. Hmm, what else..
So i have my first shift by myself today. Pretty excited about that, on greeting. I'll do my best. My trainer left me half way through my shift yesterday because she kept having coughing fits. So they gave me to Craig, who isn't a trainer but he's awesome. Craig just coached me for the rest of the night and it was great. So i think i'm ready for today. I'm trying to study the menu so i can speil ASAP. I think my trainer was making it up a bit. I doubt i can speil in 2 weeks, but i definatly don't have to wiat 3 or 4 months.
There's not really much else to report on. Graeme decided to stay last night!! I'm happyabout that. He was going to self term, but we convinced him. =)
So last night Edd and Graeme and i sat by the pool and ordered pizza. We attempted to go to 'Girls' but they chickend out and waited outside as i went in the apartment reaking of alcohol to find Kate. I got overwelmed by all the drunk people and couldn't see her, so i left. I talked to her this morning and she was okay with me not staying. I just don't feel comfortable in that environment quite yet. Games night it is for me.
Anyways, i'm going to wrap this up so i can striaghten my hair, have some lunch and studying the menu before i go into work.
Ohhhhh yeah!! We're no longer the newbies!!! YAY!
Melanie and Lindsey arrive today!!! So excited to meet them!!
Take Caree,
Sam
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment